Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I went to the doctor with Christy this morning and she is still pregnant. The doctor told her that she was not far enough allow for him to induce her and she was a little disappointed. She is ready to have this baby. She said any day would be fine except for the 31st. She does not want a Halloween baby. Maybe before the weekend is over we will have a new addition.

While I was there the doctor asked me how I was doing and that I looked good for just having a hysterectomy two weeks ago and his nurse said the same thing. He also told me that he had received some of the test results and that there was cancer in my uterus and that it was a stage one. That is the beginning stage and he also told me that they were not going to have to do any chemo because the hysterectomy took care of the problem. He made the statement that it was a blessing that they were able to find it at such an early stage. God takes good care of his children. Boy, am I thankful that I wasn't seeing the ones at the army base because they probably would not have caught it as soon if at all.

Today was Alan's birthday. He is a whopping 42. I cooked him supper tonight and baked him a cake. We had roast, potatoes, carrots, and fresh corn on the cob. We also have chocolate cake for dessert. I told him since I cooked today that I wasn't cooking tomorrow and he said he didn't care because we had left overs and that he could find something to eat.

Tomorrow is going to be a cleaning day for me. I am going to get some clothes washed and do some vacuuming. I am also going to go through my bedroom and get rid of some things and do some reorganizing.

I need to take my car in for an oil change and to have them check the back door on the passengers side. It doesn't sound like it is sealing. When I am driving I can hear wind blow around the door, so since it is under warranty I may as well take it in and have them take a look at it. I will either do that tomorrow or early Friday morning. It will more than likely be Friday morning.

I went by work after we finished at the doctors office and everyone was asking if I was ready to come back to work and I told them not yet. They all said that they were ready for me to come back because the girl that is working for me is just out there some where. They keep telling me that her elevator doesn't go all the way to the top. It is nice to know that I am missed and that they are ready for me to come back.

I will call it a night and you all have a great day tomorrow and I will write more later.


1 comment:

denny said...

Maybe you should tell her to take the stairs Cathy...

Sure glad that your operation took care of that 'Stage 1' stuff.

I like my friends to be healthy and not have problems.

Tell Christy the baby will come when it's ready and quit being such a baby about it...

Hell, last kid I had popped right out... *grin*