Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A another day in my life....

I went with Christy to see her doctor since he is the same one that I see because I had a question that I wanted to ask him. I asked him what were the pros and cons in having the surgery in Dothan other than Birmingham. His response was that he could do the surgery but that if they opened me up and found cancer they would have to call in a surgeon and they would not have to do that in Birmingham. He said that if I was his mother that is where he would want the surgery done. I told him then that settled it then. I am Birmingham bound.

While I was on my lunch break I had to go over to the hospital to check on my stocks that are offered to us through work. After I finished I didn't understand any more than I did when I went in. The representative told me that he did not see any red flags on my funds and that he would just let them stay since I was in no hurry to retire.

Before I went in to speak to him I spoke to Keith(he is over my department) and he asked me how I was doing and I told him to ask me after tomorrow when I finished up with my appointment in Birmingham. He asked me why I was going there and I explained it to him. I told him that it was going to end up costing me a lot more than it would by having it done in Dothan. I then went to meet with the gut that handles our mutual funds or investments.

Before I came out he told the reception that he wanted to talk to me and I thought that was pretty weird because I wanted to speak to him also. Anyway, he told me to get Dr. Lazenby to get him a referral on me to Birmingham and he would see if he could get the co-payments wavered. He said that he may not be able to but that he would give it a try. I told him that was all that anyone could ask for. So it may work out all together.

I better call it a night. It is already late and I have an early day tomorrow. I have to leave Dothan around five in the morning. Just continue praying and keeping me in you thoughts as I approach this hurdle coming up in my life. I'm okay with the whole thing because I know that God is in control.

I will fill you in tomorrow evening.

1 comment:

Leann said...

Cathy, my thoughts and prayers are with you. It was nice of your manager to see if the copays could be waived. Every little bit helps doesn't it?

Take care and god bless.