Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Good Morning....

Dennis, I am sorry for making you worry. I didn't mean to do that. I will try to do better and keep you informed. Thanks for being concerned and caring. You are a special friend to me. Hey, congratulations on the new mini. At least you can ride it in the winter and stay warm and you can't do that on your hog.

I guess some of you thought that I just disappeared, but I didn't. I have a lot on my mind lately and I just haven't felt like messing with anything. I will be glad when tomorrow is over and I will know a little more about what they are going to do with me. The now knowing to me is harder than knowing. I can't make any plans until I get all this surgery set up and over with.

I am going to go talk to the doctor this morning and see if there is any chance I can have the surgery done here instead of three hours away. I found out that it is going to cost me more to go to Birmingham to have the surgery and that is okay if both doctors feel that it is at my best interest. It would be a lot more convenient for me to have it in Dothan. We will wait and see what the doctors say. I will do what they think is best for me.

I am also going to the genetics clinic while I am in Birmingham to discuss having the test to see how much at rick I am to having breast cancer. If the risk is high then there may be another surgery in the future. That is yet to be seen.

With doing the history on my parents family I found out that my grandmother was only 57 when she died with cancer and my mom was first diagnosed when she was 25 and then again with leukemia when she was 58. At my age that is young....

My mom asked me if I wanted her to cancel our cruise and I told her as of right now "no", that we would wait and see what the doctors say and see how soon I can get the surgery scheduled.

I am going with Christy this morning and see if I can talk to the doctor. We are using the same one just for different reasons. GRIN!!! Because I am not the pregnant one. We need to see if he is going to let her go with me to Birmingham if I end up having surgery there.

Well it is almost time for me to head out to meet Christy so I will feel everyone in later tonight. Maybe. If not then I will feel you in tomorrow after my doctors appointments. I am going to try to get to bed earlier tonight since I have to be out of the door by five in the morning.

Thanks for all of your love, concern, and prayers.

No comments: