Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Has it been that long.....

I first have to apologize to everyone that may read this. I have been awful about updating the last couple of months. I don't have an excuse except that I just haven't been doing it. I am going to really try to do better. I may try to do a different layout this weekend and spruce things up a little.

I had a good doctor's report on Monday other than the little weight that i lost and then gained back. I did ride my bike yesterday for about fifteen minutes and it didn't bother my foot, so I guess for awhile I will just do some bike riding and I went and bought me an exercise ball so I will work on it also. Maybe I can get motivated to get things going again in the right direction.

I joined a tanning club this week also. My kids think that I am crazy since I had skin cancer and I told them that if it was going to happen it wouldn't matter either way. I figured the tanning bed was the best of the two evils. I also told them that they weren't the one paying for it so bug off. I didn't think that I would like it but it is very relaxing and I usually go after I get off work. I figured that since I was from southern Alabama that I should at least look like I enjoy being out in the sun. HA! HA!

I will have surgery in two weeks on my eyes. It will be nice to see what kind of difference it will make. I am getting excited about getting it done. I will end up looking like a new woman.

I have a ling day at work tomorrow. I will be working almost thirteen hours. I just want have to take as much personnel time off for Friday. We will be closed on Friday. I haven't decided if I am going to go to the lake and spend the day with my aunt or if I am just going to hang around the house and enjoy the peace and quiet. I will make that decision sometime tomorrow.

Jason and Michelle have moved to Montgomery. I tried to get in touch with them a couple of times but it hasn't happened yet. I guess they are still trying to get settled in. It is going to be hard on them not having family around but it can be done. I did it and I was a long way from home.

Well, I better get off here and get myself in the bed or I am not going to want to get up in the morning. I will write more tomorrow and let you know how my day went. Have a great day.

2 comments:

denny said...

Hi Cathy, nice to see that you've learned how to write again! Just kidding. I know sometimes it's hard to write on these everyday especially when you have other things to do.

But we both know I don't have a life anyway so it's not really big deal for me to keep it up on a regular basis, the blog that is. Anyway I'm sure that Jason and Michelle do have their hands full with the move and all.

It will be nice once I get settled in the neck and invite you out for dinner or a weekend. That will be exciting for you. I am excited about your operation and if that makes you a new woman that will be quite the benefit. But do keep some of the old woman, that's the one we learned to love.

Have a wonderful fourth of July weekend.

Leann said...

I hope the eye operation turns out as wonderful as you expect it to be. The tanning...well I agree and I've thought about doing the same thing. But....we don't get the amount of sun you do...I just think maybe it will help with me self esteem plus I've heard it's very relaxing.

Nice to see you back and hope you're enjoying the summer!