Friday, July 31, 2009

It's Friday and what does that mean to me. Not much since I have to work tonight and tomorrow at the bowling alley. But for others it means they get a couple of days off.

I had a great birthday. I was surprised by Christy as she sent me flowers and they are beautiful. One of my parents gave me a pair of pearl earrings and then I ended up with almost $140 in cash. Cash is always good. I am going to use part of it for my trip and some of it I am going to use on me. I got a couple of small gifts from some of my co-workers. It was a good day. I was going to go out to eat for supper but I decided that I would just go home instead because I would have to go by myself.

Today at work were are having a bike bash with the kids. the weather doesn't look like it is going to cooperate with us today. We have had rain everyday for the past week and as I am writing this it is raining again. Maybe it will let up enough for the kids to be able to ride their bikes. They are raising money for child obesity so they are riding laps with their bikes to raise money. It should be fun. The children get to decorate their bikes for a contest and we will have Popsicle, drink, and other things for them. I get to come in after they get started so it should be fun trying to find a place to park.

I got my stitches out yesterday and the doctor said things looked good. He asked me about the bruising and I told him that I had very little. He said there was still some swelling and that he wanted to see me back in six weeks.

I need to get off here and get myself ready for work. Have a great day and a wonderful weekend.

No comments: