Monday, July 6, 2009

back to the work force...

I got work up this morning by thunder, rain, and lighting. It took me forever to get back to sleep. We really need the rain. We haven't had much in a few weeks. It seemed like we had it all at one time and then we had none. We may be getting some more in the beginning of this week. It was hot yesterday. The heat index was 105 so the rain really helped cool things off.

What a bummer to have to go back to work after being off three days. Well, that is my main job. I still worked the bowling alley. We were a little busy, which surprised me since it was the holiday weekend. I wasn't busy in the snack bar. I didn't clear a dollar in tips. With weekends like that I want have spending money to take on my trip. This next week should me better because out tournament group will be back.

Before heading to work I made a trip to the bank and deposited some money and then cashed a check to give some money to Alan. He calls it his eating out money. I told him that he could use it for Riley's birthday since he has to get stuff for that.

I went to work at my regular time today and things went really good. I worked an extra four hours on Thursday and I am going to go in early tomorrow. I want have to use as much personnel time for the holiday which is good for me considering that I am trying to get as much time built up for my vacation. I will be working with school age on Thursday and three days next week. The three days that I work next week I will be getting off at three thirty. I want know what to do with my afternoons off.

After leaving work I headed to the tanning bed and tanned for about eight minutes. It is really relaxing to lay under those warm lights. If I was in there to long I probably would fall to sleep. Tomorrow I will try ten minutes and then I will take a day off. I figured that since I was going to Oregon that I should at least look like I came from the south.

Well, it is time for me to hit the shower and get myself ready for bed. Have a great day and be sweet.

Love from this southern gal.......

No comments: