Thursday, December 18, 2008

Good morning everyone!! It is good to be back home even though I would love to have been on my cruise longer. It is a relaxing time and not having to worry about doing anything or getting up at any certain time. I am updating on my brother's computer and hopefully I will have mine straighted out this weekend since my son is coming home and he knows a lot about computers. I am going to put him to work on mine. Maybe he will be able toget to the bottom of my problems.

The cruise was great other than the weather wasn't good. Thursday night the water was really rough. You know that it is bad when you can see white caps on the water in the dark. We spent a lot of time just talking and it was good to be just me and mom. I can tell that her health is not really great. This is something that I will cherish forever.

We did a lot of eating, well not to much. Our first night there we had baby back ribs and then for the captain's dinner we had prime rib or lobsters. I chose the prime rib. The desserts were always great. One day they made a chocolate dessert display and it was great also.

Saturday we went into Cozemel and we did a tour around the island and it was interesting. Most of the people live in town and the highest peak is forty five feet high. We made several stops on our tour and was able to get some pictures and pick up some shells. After the tour we headed back into town for some shopping.
I bought me several pieces of jewerly anfd mom bought herself a couple pieces of silver and a new purse. She also bought Johnny a t-shirt made out of bamboo and it is really soft.

Before we started off on our shopping spree we had real Mexican food. It was good but the service wasn't. Mom and I both decided that for the price that we paid for our food that we would rather have Taco Bell.

My test yesterday came back good now the doctor wants to do an upper GI and to make sure that there is nothing in that part that is causing any bleeding. They found blood in my stool and this is something that they want to just make sure everything is fine. If I can get it done before the end of the year then I may have it done because it want cost me anything but my co-payment but after the first of the year our insurance is going to change and it will end up costing me two hundred dollars to have the test done. So that test is something that may not be done right away.

I better get off here and get a shower and get ready for work. I will update more later. Pictures will be posted at a later date.

3 comments:

denny said...

Cathy, how nice to have you back online. I know that it must be rough having to use Alan's computer but then again I don't think that he minds all that much.

Michael should be able to have you up and running in no time, he is pretty sharp with computers from what I remember.

Sounds as though the time spent on the cruise was nice, not only the menu but also the one on one time with your Mom.

45' isn't a very high mountain and I suppose really rough seas could put water up there. I think I would rather have a higher mountain.

Had it not been a tourist attraction you probably would have gotten a better meal for a lot less money... Darn tourists !!

See ya kiddo, have a great day
.

Leann said...

It's good to hear from you again and even better to hear you had a wonderful time on your cruise.

I hope your son is able to figure out what's going on and get you back online.

Pictures...can't wait for those!

I love Tex Mex food. I don't think I've ever had real mexican food, just the americanized version.

Welcome home Cathy.

denny said...

Hey girl... sure missin you keeping us filled in on the haps down there in South towne...