Monday, December 22, 2008

Good day to you all. I was going to say good morning but it may not be that time of day when you read this. I have had a busy weekend and it doesn't look like this week is going to be any different.

Our weather is a little cooler this morning. Well, I should have said a lot cooler because on Saturday it was almost eighty and today we will be in the fifities. It want last long. They say that it is going to be in the seventies on Christmas Day.

I am still on Alan's computer because Michael did not have time or should I say did not take the time to even think about my computer or anyone else in his family. He is on my list of not being happy with him. He got into town Friday night and they headed to the hotel which was fine. We had a birthday party for Jonathan on Saturday and instead of him getting out there early an spending time with us he decided to wait until 1:30 to show up for the party which started at 2:00. Everyone was there waiting to spend time with him and when I called him he acted like it was no big deal. Then by six he was rady to leave so that they could try out a new Mexican place and that was the end of our visit. He drove four hours and spent two nights in a hotel to spend less that five hours with his family. It really wasn't worth the trip. They are leaving Wednesday to go to Erin's parents and they will be there until Sunday. I guess we are not up to standards. We must be the hicks or the outcast from lower Alabama. I think the only reason that he even came down was because I pushed the isssue and to get his gifts. This is the first time that Erin has been her since they got married and I don't think that she is the one that doesn't like to come because she acted like she had a really good time. She played games withthe boys and I really think that Michael hates to share her with anyone. I want ask him to come next year. If he decides to come it will be on his own. Enough gripping.

So now back to the computer. Who knows when I will get it back to working right. We are going to start by taking the router back and seee if that will help. Alan will help me get it back going during the holidays. So updates probably want be as often.

We are all planning on going to Christy for Christmas. We will all meet out there around three for an early supper or a late lunch. Whatever you want to call it. After we eat we will then open presants. We did not dothat with Michael. We just opened the ones that he brought us and they opene the ones that we got them. I am glad we decided to wait on the ours until later. We will have a great time and enjoy each other.

Well I have rambled enough today. I need to get off her and get ready to head to work. What fun. Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

denny said...

My dear friend... It truly saddens me when you talk of how cold and distant Michael has become. Truly the lad doesn't appreciate all that you went thru to raise him... Thank God that Jason and Christy didn't take the route he did...

It is sad how sometimes our children seem to act like they don't care about us isn't it. But in looking back on our Port Lyautey days, I remember Michael as being a little aloof and distant from the other kids too so I suppose it's not surprising that he turned out this way.

Love him anyway and hopefully he will turn his attitude around.

Glad you had a good time with his wife though, that is a good thing.

Have fun with Christy, Chad and the kids over christmas Cathy, Leann and I will have a christmas meal at a nice restaurant in Albany and after that hopefully drive around and look at lights...

Take care my friend...

Leann said...

Cathy, I hope your holiday is blessed and peaceful.