Sunday, May 17, 2009

Good evening for the deep south. I had a late night at the bowling alley last night. I got home around 12:30 and it was after one before I got to sleep. We stayed fairly busy last night which helped the time pass.

I got up this morning and got ready for church. I then headed to McDonald's for my breakfast and some reading time before heading to church. I have been doing this for several months on Sunday. It is my treat to myself.

After church I decided to go out to eat again by myself. I had great company, myself. I went to a steak house called Logan's. It is very southern. You have roasted peanuts on the tables and the shells go on the floor. I have eaten at one before with Michael. I had a three dollar coupon off a ten dollar meal so I decided to give it a try. I ordered a steak, baked tator, and a salad. It was a good meal.

I then called my boss at the bowling alley because the had a tounament going on this afternoon and the boy that was suppose to be there had not gotten ther by 1:15 and Bill told me to go ahead and come in. So I worked for about three hours and I ended up with about six dollars in tips and we don't serve beer on Sundays. The boy finally showed up at three and he said that he thought he was suppose to be there at three. Bill sent him home and told him that he already had it covered for the afternoon.

The rain is still going on. I am ready for it to stop for awhile. It has rained for the last three days. It looks like we may be at the end of it. The weather is suppose to get a little cooler and it was a little cooler this evening. Our weather has been in the ninties and they say we are going to be in the seventies for a few days, what a welcoming change. To bad it isn't the middle of July.

Sometimes I would like to strangle my nephew. He doesn't know how to keep his hands off things that don't belong to him. You would think at seventeen that you would know better. I went into the bathroom and he had taken my shaving cream out of the cabinet and was playing with it and of course when I asked him if he did it he lied to me. I know that he messed with it because it had cream everywhere abd it wasn't where I usually keep it. He will do that with shampoo and other things to. He gets into the tub and plays with it. My grandchildren even know better. He is going back to live with his mother in the summer and maybe then I can keep things in the bathroom. Even if I keep them in my room he will come in and get them. I told him to leave my stuff alone that I don't mess with his stuff and i expect the same from him. That is my complaint for the day...I shouldn't have to hide things but with him you do.

Well, it is getting late and this southern gal is going to call it a night. Have a great week and be good.

No comments: