Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What a busy couple of days. This is going to be short and to the point because I am tired and ready to hit the sack, but I wanted to let you know how thisngs went with Christopher. His surgery went well and he is doing grsat. He was not happy with them when they told him that he had to pull off his underwear. He told them that he wasn't going to take his underwear off and they let him wear them int surgery and they took them off after he went to sleep. When he got into the recovery room he tried to stand up in the bed. He was ready to get out of that place. They finally got out of there around eleven thirty.

I was at the hospital when I received a phone call from my step dad about my mom. He took my mom to the emergency room early Monday morning. When they got to the hospital the doctor told Johnny that he did not think she would make it through the day. She was retaining fluid and was swollen really bad. The did an EKG and it showed that she had a heart attack but they did not know how long it had been since she had it. They also said that she has congestive heart failure and pneumonia. She was one sick lady and she still is. I left yesterday around noon to go check on her. She got unto me for not being at work and I told her that my work was taken care of and I was right where I needed to be. She had a good night and when we came in this morning she looked a hundred percent better. They gave her a lunch tray and took her off of clear liquids so I sure hope she is on the mend. They had to give her medicine to get her heart rate down because it was staying around 155 and they want it under 100. Within a couple of hours it dropped to 145 so we were encouraged about that. Little by little she is getting better and we will take what we can get.

I know that the more times she has these issues the closer we come to losing her and that is why I cherish every moment I have with her because I don't know how much longer I will have her. She was so bad this week that Johnny even went to talk to someone at the funeral home to get some idea how things would work out. We know that sometime we are going to have to facew this issue but for now she still has some fight in her.

She has got to be one of the strongest woman that I have know in my lifetime and I hope that I could be half as strong as she is. She is special, shes my mom.

I better get off her before I end up in tears. Keep her in your prayers. Her name is Sandie.

2 comments:

denny said...

My dear friend, it truly pains me to see your mother going thru these medical problems... she has been thru enough in her lifetime already...

She is so lucky to have you and your Sister to be there and help her and pray for her. I also pray that she will have a speedy and full recovery...

As you well know, I lost mine, much too soon and I would'nt wish that on anyone, especially a friend like you...

Just know that she is in my prayers.

Leann said...

I am sorry to hear your Mom is not doing well Cathy. I will add her to my prayer list.

Take care and stay strong.