Sunday, October 25, 2009

Well here goes another day. It has been a long day. We left this morning around eight-thirty and headed to moms. We had to go get Riley a movie and then some breakfast. Then we were off.

Alan said that he really had a hard time going this morning because he was afraid that she was just waiting to see him and she was just going to give up. This is going to be hard on all of us but we will take one day at the time and just pray that she will get better.

She was better this morning than she was at the beginning of the week but we still have a long way to go. She ate pretty good today and this is the best that she has eaten in several days. That was very encouraging. She is still retaining fluid which is not good. They had to up her medicine to get the fluids out. She is getting it every four hours. She is having a hard time remembering things and I think that upsets her more than being so sick. I think that part of that is from the medicine.

She was trying to tell me something this afternoon and she just got really frustrated when she could not remember what it was or how to explain it. I hope that will get better as she gets stronger. It is going to be a long haul.

I talked to Johnny after we got home and he promised me that when he found out something from the doctor that he would let me know. Johnny said that if he was not able to talk to a doctor in the morning that he was going to go hunt the doctor down and get some answers and he will. Not knowing is very hard. Mom told us today that the heart doctor told her that if her heart rate stayed as good as it has for the last few days that they may consider putting her in a regular room. I just what them to do what is the best for her.

I sure hope that my tomorrow starts out better than last week. It has been a long week. I will be off next Monday to go to the doctor in Birmingham for my final checkup for the cancer. I am going up on Sunday night and spend the night with Michael. I am looking froward to that. It will be good to see them. We have also talked about doing Christmas at his house this year. We will talk about that later on.

Well, I better get off her and hit the sack. Tomorrow is a long day with work and bowling. GO BAMA!!! They are still undefeated.

2 comments:

denny said...

Well Cathy, at least your mother is making some progress which is a good sign. I know how difficult this period of time is for you having gone through the same thing with my mother. My prayers are with you as always. Tell Johnny to hang in there faith is a very powerful thing.

Leann said...

Stay in the moment Cathy and enjoy the time you get to spend with her. I know it is difficult to not worry about what the future will bring but it just detracts from what you have at the moment.

Blessings and prayers.