Monday, November 2, 2009

What a busy couple of days. I have done a lot of driving and had a great visit with Michael. I got to Michael's around six and they were in the process of making chicken pot pie for supper. We sat down around seven and had dinner and then we looked at pictures that they had taken when they went to South Carolina with the boys (their dogs) and I showed them the pictures of my trip to Oregon. I was surprised with Michael because he knew a lot about Crater Lake. It was really good to see him and I think Christy, Chad, me and the boys are going to make another trip up there in about four weeks. I was surprised to see that he wasn't so stuck up with buying his house that he could not enjoy it but he wasn't like that at all. He has two dogs named Oakley and Dozer. They are labs. Overall it was a great trip just a little short but I will stay longer the next time.

I left Michael's around eight thirty and headed to the doctors office for my checkup. I got there around nine forty and saw the doctor and I had a great checkup. He said unless I have any more problems that he wanted me to have a great life and enjoy it. I wasn't worried about the checkup because I already had a good report before I went up.

On my way to the doctor office Alan called me and told me that mom was out of the hospital. I called her about an hour later and she told me that she did not think that she was going to stay home long because she was a lot weaker than she thought she was. She had a hard time getting into the house and Johnny has hurt himself and it was hard for him to get mom inside. When I called her she asked me to call her back later that she was waiting for a call from the doctor and of course they put her back in. She is having problems controlling her bladder and that is a concern to her. She is not sure what they are going to do yet other than they are going to do some physical thearpy to help build her strength.

There has also been some mistreatment by a couple of people and they have had to deal with that also. One of the employees was rough on mom when she was told that she had to finish moms bath because they moved her to another room and she wasn't very happy with the idea. My point is it doesn't matter if she likes it or not because that is her job. She said she was afraid to say much because she doesn't know how she will be treated. Mom has had several of the upper hospital employees in her room this past week to get to the bottom of the problem. My thought is they need to fire the girl on the spot as soon as they prove that she has mistreated a patient. This not the first time this has happened with this girl.

I am planning on writing a letter to the head nurse at the hospital. It may not do me any good but it will make me feel better.

I may go up this Friday. It just depends on how she is doing. If not then I will probably go up again on Sunday. Just keep her in your prayers and thoughts because she is going to need them. I am afraid that she is going to give up if she can't get her strength up and especially since Johnny is also not doing well.

Have a great week and I will keep you updated on my mom and thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: