Monday, September 7, 2009

What a great vacation that I had. It was nice weather until the day I flew back home. I enjoyed being with Julie and spending time with her. She had to work some while I was there but that was okay because we did get to spend some quality time together.

I took a trip to the coast with Dennis the first week that I was there and he told me about going to Korea to see Nora.I told him that I hope that he finds what he is looking for but to keep an open mind and to make sure that is what he really wants.

Then on the weekend Julie, Greg, and I headed to Crater Lake. What a beautiful place. It was just breath-taking. I took several pictures and I could have just sat there and looked at the water for hours. We had lunch there and again the weather was great. We then headed down to Diamond Lake to set up camp. The first place we were going to camp out was right on the water and it was cold, so we looked for another spot and we found one that was a little further down on the lake and it was in the trees more. We set up camp for the evening and it was fun. I was cold at night but I made it through. It was better than I thought it would be. We had fun watching the birds eat out of the frying pan the next morning. We fixed breakfast sandwiches an there was eggs left in the pan and the birds helped themselves. They also helped themselves to the glass of Pepsi that was on the table. They were not afraid of anything. We also had several chipmunks that visited and was looking for food to. It was fun just watching the wildlife while we were there. We left the camp sight after eating lunch and we headed down to check out some waterfalls. We were going to go see six of them and three of them were closed due to damage to the trails. But is was fun.

I spent a couple of days while I was there bowling. I am trying to improve my bowling skills. It is getting better and for a dollar a game who cares if it does or not. It was fun while it lasted.

My flight home was okay. The weather was rainy. My flight to Chicago was good ohter than being about fifteen minutes last and I had to hurry to get to my next flight and of course it was on the other side of the airport. That is the way it goes. I was going to get something to eat and I did not have time to do that. After getting to my spot the plane that we were getting on was waiting to pull in and again we were twenty minutes late boarding and I would have had time to grab a bite to eat, but you never know.

After loading I was sitting next to an older man who bought himself a mixed drink and his tray was broke and the drink slid right between us and soaked my leg. I ended up smelling like whiskey. What a joy.

We finally arrived in Birmingham and of course wouldn't you know it, they lost my luggage. Mine wasn't the only one, there was about five other passengers that did not have luggage either. I finally got my luggage Sunday afternoon.

Suday evening after church my two older grandsons spent the night with me. We rented a couple of movies that they wanted to see and headed home. Monday was our day. We went to Chick-Fil-A for a free sandwich and that place was packed but it was worth it. The three of us at for under six dollars. Then we headed to the bowling alley and they were closed until three so off to Wal-mart and of course they ended up with a couple of toys. We headed to the bowling alley and we bowled one game and they played some of the arcade games. Then back to the house. We had a really good time.

Tomorrow is back to reality. It is back to work and getting back into the routine. It was great to go on vacation and I am not ready to go back to work but all good things must come to an end especially if I want ot continue drawing a paycheck.

I hope that if you had the day off it was a good one. Have a great work week.

1 comment:

denny said...

Cathy, great post and it makes me happy that you had such a good time, the memories will serve you well in the future.

Too bad about the airport fiasco, but those things happen and of course, the most important thing is that you arrived home safe and sound.

Sounds like the grand boys had a wonderful time and were happy to see Nanna back again.

Enjoy yourself. It is much like Alabama in the summer, weather wise, quite hot and terribly humidity but that is to be expected. This month starts out fall weather so it should cool off quite a bit. Yesterday was actually quite nice, very little humidity and a nice blue sky.

Where I am staying is extremely small, my living room and dining room would make up the entire house/apt. here and there are 5 of us here. Nora's Sister and husband are wonderful hosts. Sadly, her husband cannot speak a word of English and my Korean is terribly rusty to the point of being nonexistant.

Cathy, Leann severed our friendship for reasons only she can justify, so she is no longer on my friends list... I do wish her well and hope for her sake that her situations improve to allow her the happiness she deserves. You can't win them all I guess.

To relieve your mind dear friend, Nora is all I thought and so very much more. I've made a sound and good decision and am very ecstatic about it. Thank you for your prayers though, I am certain that God played a large part in the outcome.


Later my friend.